The Sentencing Project (“TSP”), established in 1986, promotes effective and humane responses to crime that minimize imprisonment and criminalization of youth and adults by promoting racial, ethnic, economic, and gender justice. TSP engages in research and advocacy on sentencing and related issues, advocates for criminal justice policy and practice reform, and conducts broad-scale public education through media, online and other communications. Information about The Sentencing Project is available at www.sentencingproject.org
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Sentencing Project is seeking a self-motivated and high-performing Executive Assistant with strong organizational skills and a passion for justice to provide high-level administrative support and assistance to TSP management and other members of TSP leadership. The Executive Assistant will also assist the Development Associate with maintaining the TSP Salsa CRM Database. The Executive Assistant will report to TSP Director of Operations and Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Director of Operations and Finance, Director of Advocacy and other senior staff
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, emails, invoices, and other documents
- Assists senior management in financial and operational reporting; tracks reporting requirements
- Manages office calendar and assists staff and senior managers in implementing and ensuring the functioning of a hybrid in-person and remote work place
- Arranges travel and accommodations for senior staff and board of directors
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff
- Performs office tasks including answering incoming calls, maintaining records, and ordering needed supplies
- Assists with management of donor and communications database, including list management, gift processing, acknowledgements, running reports, and importing and exporting data records.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions
- Assists with the planning and implementation of TSP events and meetings
Experience and Qualifications
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three years relevant experience
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of office operations and procedures and recordkeeping systems
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems
- Demonstrated experience updating and maintaining a database management system
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
The Sentencing Project offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and duties. Current benefits package includes four weeks paid vacation; accrued sick leave; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; contribution to 403(b) retirement plan and transportation benefits.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Inauguration Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Election Day
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day & following Friday
- Christmas Day
- December 26-December 31
How to Apply
Candidates who are qualified by experience, skill, and personal motivation are invited to apply. Please send a cover letter, a current resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references to Hiring Manager at Employment@sentencingproject.org. The Sentencing Project is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to cultural diversity and recruits without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, or prior convictions.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We are not accepting applications at this time.